Ask My Dog: Why is This is LaVergne So Hateful?

Dear Tiny,

Why is This is LaVergne so very very hateful? They pick on kids and don’t know what they’re talking about when they say children in the community have not committed suicide because it’s nowhere on Google! And don’t they realize that a drug bust is the same thing as a meth lab?  They are incompetent! And don’t they realize how evil and horrible the entire league is?

Signed,

NOT a Soccer Mom So Don’t Even Go There, Nuh-Uh.

Tiny says:

Whether my person is incompetent or not, she manages to feed me every single day and I get to lick her. And I also get to lick other things without her complaining much, so go me!

But I do know this.  Unless it’s a very famous person, the media generally does not cover a story when someone commits suicide.  It is very hurtful for the surviving family and it could have the terrible copycat effect. That said you raise some interesting questions about the writers at This is LaVergne.  But if you’ll read the Terms of Use, you’ll see they make no claim on certain things. For example:

This blog site is published by and reflects the personal views of the authors, in their individual capacities. It does not represent the views of their employer, and is not sponsored or endorsed by them, nor by the city. The purpose of this blog site is, quite honestly, a tool for their own enjoyment, but no representation is made about the accuracy of the information.

Because I’m but a little dog, I really can’t bark into the details about all of what you claim.  I will point out, though, that the post was dying a slow, unpopular death just from neglect and general lack of readership, but it’s now jumped to the most popular post of the year! However since it’s only January 2nd, that’s not really saying much is it?

As far as the baseball team, I’m sure they’re good little kids. I would like to go watch them play sometime, but now I’m kind of scared of their parents.

8 comments for “Ask My Dog: Why is This is LaVergne So Hateful?

1. Jose
    January 2, 2013 at 8:53 pm

Most popular of 2012…. On January 2nd bless your loser heart…..

• Holly H.
      January 2, 2013 at 9:03 pm

Reading comprehension 101. Read the entire paragraph before commenting.

2. Butta T
    January 3, 2013 at 10:13 am

I just wasted 3 minutes of my life reading that babble..

You have a cheap upgraded blog on WordPress… Post hurtful and uneducated rants about residents of RC and their children in an attempt to bring ‘cheap heat’ to your lonely blog. The families work, eat, live and bring revenue into Lavergne and RC.. It’s sad you would stoop to that level to get your views from 50 to 150. A journalist would look at both sides of an issue and post from both perspectives. You are not a journalist.. You’ve never met the parents, kids, inquired about the name and history of the team, you did ZERO research prior to posting, only used one sided second hand information. Anyone can do that.. You should change the name of the blog to ‘this is one persons skewed views of LaVergne.’

Keep checking your ‘views’ and hopefully this brief moment in time will fill that void on your lonely heart.

January 7, 2013 at 11:15 pm

There’s a very easy solution if you think you’re wasting your time, Butta T . . . if you don’t like it, then don’t read it. Not rocket science.

3. Butta T
    January 5, 2013 at 7:48 am

Why won’t you add my comment? What a journalist you are..

4. MichaelinLV
    January 7, 2013 at 5:02 pm

So who committed suicide because of bullying? I’ll admit I’m not as plugged in as I used to be, but surely it was reported somewhere, right?

• Sam
      January 7, 2013 at 9:24 pm

A high school girl this past spring and another band student who just graduated this summer. You might find their obituaries in the Daily News Journal or in the Tennessean.

January 7, 2013 at 11:22 pm

MichaelinLV, I think I remember seeing obituaries for both kids in The Tennessean, but I’m positive there was no mention of suicide in either case. If you know any LHS kids, they can probably give you names and details.