La Vergne Turns 40! Early Voting! And Who’s Your Pick For Alderman?

In true La Vergne fashion, the city was officially incorporated on February 29th, 1972 which means it’s been around for 40 years this year, but it’s only its 10th “Official” birthday. The city is gonna celebrate with cake tomorrow at 2 o’clock at City Hall. Here’s the official press release:

La Vergne “leaps” to 40 years old

(La Vergne, February 28, 2012) Vester Waldron was elected as the first mayor of La Vergne on
February 29, 1972. Upon his election, the city was formally incorporated. LaVergne is observing
this date as the town’s 40th birthday.

“Since La Vergne is a leap-year baby, we are really turning 10 years old,” said Mayor Senna
Mosley. “In all seriousness, the town has survived a lot since the area was first settled in the
1700’s. We rebuilt after the Civil War. We rebuilt after two tornadoes nearly wiped out the town
in 1900. And LaVergne continues to grow as a thriving community every day.”

Cake celebrating the town’s “birthday” will be served at 2:00 p.m.. Wednesday, February 29th at
City Hall.

“We welcome everyone to join us in celebration of our 40th birthday. We are looking forward to
another 40 years of prosperity for our community,” said Mosley.

In other news, early voting ended today. That means next Tuesday is the actual election. This is Presidential Preference and Rutherford County Road Supervisor and Rutherford County Property Assessor. The only really interesting thing to me, was the chance to get to NOT vote for Stacey Campfield. Since he is a State Senator from Knoxville, this is my first chance to get to not vote for him. That was pretty sweet.

Which reminds me of another election that’s coming up in November, the Alderman race. This will be for Alderman Waldron’s and Alderman Broeker’s seats. The only person I can think of that I really, really, really, really hope runs is Alderman Broeker. Alderman Waldron wears some snappy suits and all, but I think we can all agree that Alderman Broeker is VERY responsive and always answers our questions no matter who we are.

Is there anybody out there you would like to see running for Alderman? Will you be there tomorrow for the cake? Did you get your early voting done, and did you also not vote for Stacey Campfield? Come on, La Vergne, talk to me.

12 comments for “La Vergne Turns 40! Early Voting! And Who’s Your Pick For Alderman?

1. February 28, 2012 at 8:20 pm

This city should of never been born. What a dump!

• Theresa
      February 29, 2012 at 9:17 am

Angie, dear, if you hate this city so much…GET OFF THIS WEBSITE!!!!

Sheesh!

2. Kathy T.
    February 28, 2012 at 9:24 pm

I heard there are rumors that you are going to run, Ivy. Well?

February 28, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Haahahahahahahahahhahaha!!!

3. Steve Noe
    February 28, 2012 at 9:27 pm

LOL Sounds like someone ^^^^^^ may have lost a boyfriend or job or something in Lavergne with all that hate but anyway on to serious things LOL Anyonw know who is running? If I had the smarts and know how and not just a minion I would run myself but yes I agree with This is Lavergne, Mr. Broeker will be on the list 1st if he decides to run.

4. February 28, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Ivy, You need to wait and run for Mayor if Senna doesn’t

5. auntyoya
    February 29, 2012 at 7:21 am

I haven’t heard of anyone running but I wholeheartedly support Tom Broeker for Alderman!!! I would also like to nominate Ivy for Alderman because she rocks!!

6. Theresa
    February 29, 2012 at 9:19 am

Didn’t Queen Ivy promise free ponies for everyone if she was in charge? Oh wait, would she have to relinquish her crown and title as Queen Ivy…don’t know if I like that idea, even if I really want a pony!

7. masterdrillsargent
    March 8, 2012 at 8:51 pm

This all a big joke

• Beetle Bailey
      March 10, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Well Well Well it has taken long enough for you to speak up Patricia Farmer. We all wondered how long until you logged in and posted. Maybe you should have not told all of us EX Friends you had here in this town that you were masterdrillsargent. Since you don’t live here anymore how are you going to vote for Alderman Broeker????? You are just mad at everyone in this town because we would not get involved in all the drama that you were trying to stir or get involved in your personal life and we all remained unbiased toward your ex husband because he had never done anything to us. Please find somewhere else to spread your anger and drama. This is not the site for it.

8. masterdrillsargent
    March 8, 2012 at 8:52 pm

TOM BROKER you have my vote

• neal-n-bob
      March 9, 2012 at 7:35 am

Don’t you think you should learn how to spell BROEKER. Before you say your gonna vote?? Just sayin. DUH