10 comments for “It Takes Two To “Project Tango”

1. August 24, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Great news that the company will bring in more jobs to the LAV area. Not sure about the tax breaks to lure them in, but right now we gotta do what we gotta do -joooooobs!

2. Gary Baggett
    August 24, 2011 at 5:16 pm

I’m certainly hopeful that we can land this opportunity for such a large number of jobs. The average hourly rate would be a nice, middle class living for a lot of people who would hopefully be living in this area already. I’m sure Alderman Broeker and the rest of our aldermen and women know who this company is and I can certainly understand the secrecy behind not revealing who it may be. I’m wondering if it’s Amazon but I have no information to back that up, just simply a guess on my part. I see that other counties are vying for this company as well but I think in the end, Rutherford county and La Vergne will be the most attractive site to locate here. With as many warehouses as we seem to have becoming empty, our city could sure use these decent paying jobs. Let’s bring them here La Vergne!

3. Robotoid
    August 24, 2011 at 6:25 pm

I wish we could have got the new Amazon.com fulfilment center.It went to Lebanon and is bringing over 500 jobs with it.

August 25, 2011 at 7:54 pm

“The other site can block us all they want, I don’t really care, what I care about is the truth & the facts reaching the people that matter.. that being all the people who live here & have to open up those outrageous water/sewer bills every month. The ones that can’t afford to buy their tags & stickers right on time & then get $100 court cost. The unemployed, the underemployed, the hungry children & adults, the ones hanging on by a thread. And of course our friends & neighbors that are still making it, but still have compassion for those that are not….The ones that have no compassion for others are not significant or important in any way except as annoying bugs fluttering around… The other sites are only relevant to blind followers.. This is lavergne & the La Vergne city site.. My post were deleted & lots of Tamer’s post were deleted.. I don’t post on This is lavergne.”

I have a hard time believing your dog has learned to type, Debbie.

• auntyoya
        August 25, 2011 at 8:05 pm

LMAO!!! WORD!!

4. tony vanatta
    August 25, 2011 at 8:09 pm

YOU will always have unhappy people no matter what.but the right things are been done now to help are city in whole;changes are not made over nite,yes its a mess right now,but its getting clean up one day at a time,and getting better im so glad im not so stuck on my self that i can’t see what best,

5. Thomas
    August 26, 2011 at 1:46 pm

“The other site can block us all they want”

There’s another site besides this one?

6. Elizabeth
    August 26, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Please let us know as soon as the company’s name is released and if they are definitely moving to La Vergne. My son needs a FULL-TIME job and leave his part-time one. Thanks bunches!!!

7. August 29, 2011 at 10:33 am

This is great news and we hope this happens really soon. A lot of residential builders have stopped building due to the housing slow down but fortunately we are still building and selling homes in LaVergne. Additional jobs coming to LaVergne would be a huge lift to our business. We are also excited to be participating in Old Timers Day this year. Looking fwd to sowing into LaVergne, TN.

Mitchell Bowman/Michael McCann