Town Hall Meeting Moved

In order to accommodate more people, the Town Hall meeting on Thursday has been moved to the Multipurpose Building behind city hall. It can hold up to 300 people as compared to the board room’s 104. It is at 7 PM on this upcoming Thursday, July 21st. Please try to come to voice your opinion.

Also, kudos to the La Vergne police for busting a meth lab and rescuing 6 children and 2 pets from the house. They also had to have a Hazmat unit out there to decontaminate all living beings in the house. There apparently was a big dog and a little dog. The big dog enjoyed being decontaminated. The little dog took personal offense, however. Here is a video from WSMV Channel 4 News.

That’s what’s on my mind this pleasantly rainy afternoon. What is on your mind?

8 comments for “Town Hall Meeting Moved

1. Cricket123
    July 19, 2011 at 12:55 am

Ivy, I must tell you a joke about a “big dog and a little dog” the next time I see you, but dang….

I, for one, would love to be able to not cringe every time I hear “La Vergne” mentioned in the news. This is not a horrible place to live or I would not have lived here for 22 years! I would seriously Love to hear our town mentioned in a very positive light, for once.

• CindyR
      July 19, 2011 at 8:04 am

I agree – it would be nice to hear something in a positive light for our City!

• Angie
      July 19, 2011 at 9:57 am

I agree…maybe Larry Flowers could have his station do a report on OTF in September. That would be a positive story for sure!

2. July 19, 2011 at 10:28 am

I’m looking forward to the meeting.

3. Liberty
    July 19, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Lets hear it for our police department! OTD would be a great thing for the news to cover!

4. Melissa
    July 21, 2011 at 9:07 pm

I think the name of this blog should be ” We love/support Mayor Mosley”, because this blog does not represent La Vergne. I came here looking for a place to talk about a Greenway in La Vergne that is being put in right behind my house. This Greenway will cost us $25,000, it is only 1/4 of a mile long and goes no where. It is only phase 1 but there in no known date of completion for the other phases. And this is spending by a city that had no choice in raising taxes? I was hoping to get some feed back on why our city feels the need to spend frivolously (on Greenways, extending old timers day, firework shows etc), but feels that it has no choice in raising taxes? And don’t even get me started on the millions of dollars in the “rainy day fund.” Money is tight for everyone,including my family, and during this time we cut extras. We don’t go demanding money from other families so we can have “fun.” So if this is not the place to voice my concerns please point me in the right direction. I understand that this is a personal blog but if all sides are not welcome and discussed than maybe a change of name should be in order?

July 21, 2011 at 10:36 pm

I approve ALL comments that are not personally attacking or could cause me legal problems. People argue on the internet. A lot of people who have been coming to this website for a very long time support our mayor and board because we have been paying attention for a LONG time and our mayor and board want to CHANGE things. So yeah, there are a lot of people here who do support our mayor and board. Where was your outrage before, when the previous mayor and board was sitting on inaction other than to approve every damn thing the developers want?

• Rich Long
      July 22, 2011 at 12:08 am

I was at the greenway committe meeting.. this was started almost 10 years ago and La Vergne won a grant for it. Yep the city needs to pay $25,000 and needs to be finished by the end of the year or we will lose this grant and have almost no chance per TDOT to get any others for any other transportation project. The thing people need to remember is this administration has only been in power 6 months and was handed a lot of projects from previous boards.. If we cut this say goodbye to any state funds for highway projects.