The Fireworks Were Awesome! (And So Was The Picnic In The Park)

I had a really amazing time at the Picnic in the Park, and it looks like I wasn’t the only one. Just looking at my Facebook feed, everyone else seemed to have had a great time. And there were so many people there, and from what I saw, everyone was generally pretty well-behaved which is awesome. I am so proud to live in this city.

The fireworks finale was the coolest one I’ve ever seen. I did take a short video of it- forgive it’s crappiness, it’s from my cell phone. Here it is: Or, not. I hate you, WordPress. Go to This is La Vergne’s Facebook page to see the video.

And here are a couple of pics I took (again, crappy cell phone. Anybody want to buy me a digital Rebel? I’ll totally love you for the rest of my life if you do):

And, this last one:

So, a big thanks to our elected officials and the Parks and Rec department for putting this shindig on. Thanks to everyone who helped and donated stuff, both individuals and local businesses. It was a great success!

7 comments for “The Fireworks Were Awesome! (And So Was The Picnic In The Park)

1. gale brewer
    July 4, 2011 at 11:57 pm

i wish i could have been there

2. Debbie Heughan
    July 5, 2011 at 3:30 am

My video turn out great but we can’t use it because their is a long personal conversation going on in the background that can be heard Way to clear…..

3. July 5, 2011 at 5:16 am

As I understand it they ran out of planed parking and had to use a field for the overflow! Very good sign!

4. Vicki
    July 5, 2011 at 8:17 am

Our family enjoyed seeing old friends, meeting new ones, the food, and the best fire works finale we have ever seen. The best part was the feeling of community and being a part of the true spirit of the city of LaVergne. Thank you to everyone who made this Independence Celebration so special for so many! We truly appreciate it and look forward to next year.

5. Cee Dee
    July 5, 2011 at 9:53 am

Great job City Leaders — Thank you!!! I understand there was only one missing alderman …

6. Angie
    July 5, 2011 at 10:28 am

Had a great time hanging out with family and friends and neighbors. Our city leaders/volunteers did a fantastic job last night! Great thinking moving it from OTD to 4th of July! I was so proud to be a citizen of the City of Lavergne last night. Oh, and the LPD did a fantastic job w/traffic control after it was over.

7. Kitti
    July 7, 2011 at 2:34 pm

I wish I could’ve been there! It sounds like a wonderful!