It sounds like the Patriotic Picnic in the Park is going to be a lot of fun, that’s where I’ll be going. (No stalking!) It starts at 5 PM at Veteran’s Memorial Park. There’ll be face painting, bounce houses, and free food: hamburgers and hot dogs. Fireworks will start at dusk.
In case you are going to be doing fireworks at your own home, here’s a handy-dandy fact sheet the city sent out about what the local laws/ordinances are:
Firework Safety & the Law
Here is a brief overview of the city ordinance that addresses the use of fireworks.
There are a lot of rules and regulations that address the selling and distribution of fireworks, but when it comes down to actually discharging them, here are the main things residents of La Vergne should know:
1. Â No bottle rockets (less than 4 grams of propellant in casing of less than 5/8" by 3")
2. Â No fireworks discharged from motor vehicle.
3. Â No fireworks within 600 feet of any church, hospital, or public school (when these are occupied).
4. Â No fireworks discharged beetween 11:00pm and 12:00noon (except New Years).
5. Â No fireworks greater than 1.4G as to explosive content (aka illegal ground salutes).
6. Â No fireworks ignited or discharged by anyone under the age of 14.
7. Â No fireworks ignited or discharged by anyone under the influence of alcohol or mind altering drug.
Stay safe this weekend and Happy Independence Day!