Help Bring Trader Joe’s to La Vergne!

Tonight I’d like to present the people of La Vergne with a petition of a totally different stripe than the one that’s been grabbing all the headlines this week. You see, I’ve been mulling over ways to help our city become an actual destination for people from all over our area, and I think I’ve found the perfect place to start– let’s bring Trader Joe’s to La Vergne!

For those of you who are not familiar with Trader Joe’s, it’s kinda like Whole Foods meets Aldi (in fact, they are owned by the same parent company as Aldi). They offer fresh produce, meats, and dairy, along with lots of yummy specialty foods, including a good deal of organic fare, but the prices are much more affordable than other retailers.

If we do get a Trader Joe’s, not only will we be able to get edamame hummus within our own city limits, but we will get a bunch of new job opportunities with a company that offers health and dental to even their part time employees. Employees who get to wear Hawaiian shirts to work every day!

So if you want to help us get a Trader Joe’s of our own then I’m going to ask you to do two things:

1. Go to http://www.traderjoes.com/about/location-requests-form.asp and fill out a store request on their website.
  2. Sign my online petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/tjslv/petition.html. You only need to give your name, email address, and the city you reside in. You can choose to hide your email address from the public.

And that’s all folks! Nashville got 3,000 signatures on their petition, so let’s give ’em a run for their money!

10 comments for “Help Bring Trader Joe’s to La Vergne!

1. Ivy
    June 29, 2011 at 10:13 pm

I will totally do this, I love TJ’s.

2. AC
    June 29, 2011 at 10:21 pm

I’ve done my part. My husband says they have the best honey so I have to go every 4-5 weeks.

• Sarah N.
      June 29, 2011 at 10:33 pm

Thanks AC! I have to go there to stock up on chicken pot stickers and castile soap myself 🙂

3. June 30, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Trader Joe’s ROCKS! I’ve moved out of La Vergne, but since I still own a home there (at least until it sells) I signed the petition 🙂 This totally needs to be posted to Facebook to get more attention…

• Sarah N.
      June 30, 2011 at 12:43 pm

Thanks! It has been posted on Facebook, and I will re-post until I’m blue in the face 🙂

4. June 30, 2011 at 7:41 pm

That’s the last thing this as a former city employee said”a dump of a town” needs. Lavergne would suffice with an Aldi, thrift store, big lots, pull parts store, or another mexican restaurant. Im glad I sold my house when I did although I still own rental property. Lavergne is a joke and everybody in middle tennessee laughs at rhis city. I cannot believe people would considercthis home. Get out now why you can. Hell, the majority of city employees don’t even live in the city. What does that tell you?

June 30, 2011 at 9:54 pm

Ah! Now I know who you are. It is interesting that you would post as a man, madam.

• Angie
      July 1, 2011 at 9:21 am

If you think SOO badly of our AWESOME town then sell your rental property and be done with us! Quit your griping and negativity! I for one LOVE this town I call home and am willing to work to make it the BEST town possible! So yeah I think getting a Trader Joe’s would be a good thing!

Oh, and that new supermercado that just opened on Dick Buchanan is great!

5. Liberty
    July 1, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Bring in TRADER JOE’S!!!!My Mom raves about this store! They have one in Green Hills! I LOVE ALDI! I really hope we get some new bussiness here!!!

• Sarah N.
      July 1, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Please, please sign the petition, then, and encourage everyone you know in the area to do it too! We only have 36 signatures so far 🙁