Are You Ready For Some (Youth) Football?!

It’s La Vergne Youth Football sign-up time! It’s $125 per football player which covers their jersey, trophy, maintenance fees and insurance. Signups are at Veteran’s Memorial Park on Saturdays in June and July from 9 AM to 4PM. For more information, check their website.

With there being less and less physical education in schools these days, I think it is important to let your kids be in a sport. Childhood obesity is a very real threat to our children. Additionally, having your child play sports is a good way to teach them so many things- teamwork, responsibility, self-discipline, and positive attitude, just to name a few.

My husband grew up very, very poor. His grandparents, however, always made sure he was able to play sports. He has told me on several occasions that if he hadn’t had football and wrestling, he might have turned out very differently. It opened up opportunities for him that he might never have had if he hadn’t been able to play these sports.

So, tell me, La Vergne, what sports did you play as a kid? What sports do your kids play? What’s your favorite sport to watch? Me, I’m an awesome armchair quarterback. No matter what John Madden may say about my abilities, haha.

8 comments for “Are You Ready For Some (Youth) Football?!

1. Angie
    June 13, 2011 at 2:08 pm

I never played sports as a kid..but my kids do. All 4 kids play either baseball or softball in the spring and fall. And 3 of the 4 play basketball in the winter. Sports has made a huge difference in my kids lives. I definitely encourage parents to get their kids involved in sports of some kind.

2. Debbie Heughan
    June 13, 2011 at 4:28 pm

I remember Dodge Ball in JR High used to scare me….

3. June 13, 2011 at 6:09 pm

I remember dodge ball too.. no wait that was football.. and well basketball..and most other sports with a ball.. I wasn’t really dodging.. But they wouldn’t give me the ball… oh.. well off to therapy I go 😉

Good luck to all the teams this year!!!

4. June 14, 2011 at 4:25 pm

My mom put me in baseball when I was in 3rd grade. Needless to say, I played one game and she took me out. ;( In high school, I was in the marching band, that was some hard work let me tell ya!

Now as an adult, it’s bowling and volleyball. I enjoy both of them!

• Angie
      June 14, 2011 at 4:49 pm

I so agree! I did color guard in high school. Whoever thought twirling a flag was so difficult 🙂

5. steve noe
    June 15, 2011 at 2:17 pm

I have been involved with Lavergne Youth Football for about 15 yrs. and I know the kids both boys and girls will have fun, gain respect and get in shape, I am so ready, my son plays 3 sports but I am so ready for this sissy baseball to be over LOL I ready for the MAN’s game.

6. Marlo
    June 15, 2011 at 8:15 pm

Thanks, Ivy!! You can also like us on Facebook!!