This Is It: Tax Vote Tonight

There will be a public hearing tonight at City Hall at 6:30 PM that is regarding the city budget and the tax increase. The Board of Mayor and Aldermen meeting will follow immediately afterward. Warning: it may get long. It is, of course, open to everyone who wants to attend. I will be there liveblogging. Please, if you are attending, remember to act in a respectful manner no matter what viewpoint is being stated.

7 comments for “This Is It: Tax Vote Tonight

1. Sarah N.
    June 7, 2011 at 11:47 am

Will there be protestors outside tonight? I will be there for just as long as Josie can stand it, which probably won’t be long : (

2. Ivy
    June 7, 2011 at 11:53 am

I don’t know. From what I’ve heard, there isn’t an organized protest, but it is hard to know for sure.

3. June 7, 2011 at 2:52 pm

I’m going to protest the lack of protesting.

4. Angie
    June 7, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Wish I could be there but I will be cooking at the ball park 🙂
    Thanks for liveblogging so I can keep up with action!

5. steve noe
    June 7, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Man O man, I be at ball park doing something constructive, sure would like to put the ole TYE DYE shirt on though and come out and hold a sign in this 100 degrees heat, YEP that’s where I wanna be………”NOT” SORRY I gonna miss it………..

6. Roger S.
    June 7, 2011 at 6:43 pm

Short and Sweet! Keep your hands out of my pockets! I will see who votes for the raise in tax and the ones that do will not get my family’s vote. I don’t care who you are or what party you are!

7. June 8, 2011 at 6:20 am

Wow.. The city can now grow. We pray that our city leaders will use good judgement with the new budget funds. Our former city leaders did a very poor job with tax dollars. Now city leaders can try and undo an decade long problem. My taxes will go up another $21.00 a month, so what. Right now Its worth it. Everyone was civil. Glad to see the police escort the young lady out. She comes to city council meeting about her husband that was arrested for sex crimes. He was put on the sex offenders registor. Wrong place to voice this. Get a lawyer and let the courts deal with that issue.