Missing Dog/Be Careful

From our Facebook page:

Ok, I have had several people tell me that their dog has come up missing in the last 2 weeks. Specifically, Huskies and Husky mixes. If you own a dog in that category, you need to keep a VERY close eye on it. Someone walked into my yard Friday (5/27) and unhooked my husky mix from her lead between 12pm and 3pm. (YES, broad daylight) She is still missing, so please, if you see her, let me know! Her name is Shyanne, but we call her Shy-Shy. And yes, I have reported her to PAWS, on Craigslist, and every other place I can think of to report her missing.

Husky mix dogs aren’t the only ones who are being stolen around here- I remember hearing of some people who lived on Fergus Road whose pregnant pit bull was stolen. So, if you own dogs who are a breed that someone might want to steal- be careful. Keep an eye on your dog when they’re outside. You just can’t be too careful these days.

For this dog, if you see her, you can contact the owner via the post on our Facebook page, or you can also email me at ivy at thisislavergne dot com. She has stated there is a reward.

20 comments for “Missing Dog/Be Careful

June 3, 2011 at 10:41 am

That is absolutely despicable. I cannot imagine who would do such a thing. I appreciate the info, though. I have a friend who owns a gorgeous husky and I will warn him.

June 3, 2011 at 10:43 am

This kind of thing makes me absolutely furious. What is the reasoning behind stealing someone’s dog? Even if the dog is valuable, GET YOUR OWN DOG. Urrgh.

2. Liberty
    June 3, 2011 at 10:42 am

Oh no!!! Will be keeping an eye out for her. Some teenagers tried to get my jack/shepard mix a few weeks ago…Thank god I heard her barking and went out to see what was wrong and they ran off. I know that some teens were fighting dogs at the end of my street a few months ago and the cops handled it. I want to know where the heck these kids parents are and why they are just letting their kids roam the streets??? I think we need a curfew or something cause I shouldn’t be seeing kids sitting at the end of the street at 12am. I don’t care how old they are.

June 3, 2011 at 11:01 am

Now you’ve got me curious about the curfew thing. I would swear there used to be one for underage kids, but maybe I’m imagining it? If you’re over 18, though, you can roam the streets all night.

June 3, 2011 at 11:02 am

There is a driving curfew if you have an intermediate restricted driver’s license, it’s 11. But that’s only for driving. As far as I know there is no actual curfew for teenagers, though I have let my teenager believe there is one, haha.

• Angie
          June 3, 2011 at 11:12 am

If there isn’t a street curfew for minors there should be. Call me a pessimist but what good could a kid be doing roaming the streets (or skate park for example) unchaperoned at 11pm?

• Jessi
            June 3, 2011 at 12:00 pm

This is my baby. I was at work and my husband had left for work at 12. I got home at 3. My grandmother was at home but was napping. THIS HAPPENED IN THR MIDDLE OF THE DAY! According to TN annotated code 39-17-1702, curfew during the week is 10 if child is 16 & under. If child is 17, curfew is 11 during the week. Weekends for 16 & under is 11,and for 17 its 12 midnight. Curfew lifts at 6am.

• Jessi
            June 3, 2011 at 12:02 pm

That curfew is state wide, not just city.

June 3, 2011 at 11:17 pm

The replies are now out of order, but thanks for the info on the curfew, Jessi. Between the bowling alley and movie theater, there’s lots of kids out WAY past that time!

• Cricket123
      June 4, 2011 at 12:23 am

I alerted the staff at Animal Care Vet Hospital in M’boro to the dog snatchings and they assured me that if anyone brought in a “found” animal or not “their” animal, that they would scan the animal for micro-chipping, etc. They always keep an eye out for their patients. 🙂

3. Terry
    June 3, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Where in La Vergne was the dog taken from? I live off Waldren Rd.

• Jessi
      June 3, 2011 at 1:23 pm

I live close to the senior center off stones river,but I’m not limiting to just one area because I dont know if the person was driving or walking.

4. Terry
    June 3, 2011 at 1:26 pm

We are dog lovers and will keep our eyes open. I hope she gets back home to you safely.

5. June 3, 2011 at 1:54 pm

One year ago June 11th my sheltie was taken from my very own back yard. I’ve not seen him since. This makes me so sad that someone is still out there doing this!

May the curses and karma come back to whoever is doing this!

6. Jessi
    June 3, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Sarah, post him on nashvillepetfinders.com & craigslist. If you can get a pic of him it woyld be beneficial. Even if PAWS comes to get him that info can be passed on as well

• Sarah N.
      June 3, 2011 at 6:19 pm

He jumped our fence! I hope he found his way home.

7. Liberty
    June 3, 2011 at 10:06 pm

I need to put a fence in my back yard! My dog likes to sneak out when my kids go out to play and she is hard to catch! I worry about PAWS picking her up or that she’ll get hit by a car cause people like to fly down my street (don’t know why since we have manholes sticking up where they haven’t finished the road) Dang dog is a pain in the butt,but she’s my baby! After reading all this and having those teens try and mess with her I’m not putting her out on her lead anymore without me being out there. I have to say I love the info this site gives me! Cant get this kinda info if I still lived in Smyrna!!!

June 3, 2011 at 11:25 pm

Awww, thank you very much, Liberty!

8. Kitti
    June 6, 2011 at 11:16 am

This is terrible news! I hope these dogs can be recovered!

9. Jessi
    June 29, 2011 at 11:55 pm

I just wanted to let everyone know…although Im a little late in updating… that our fur-baby was found in Murfreesboro, off I-24 and Medical Center Pkwy. We believe that it may have been a neighbor down the street that took her, because his GF and son just happened to live next door to the woman that caught her and returned her to me, BUT I can’t prove it. Apparently, my grandmother (who lives with us) made the younger brother of this neighbor mad when she told him and several other kids to stay off of our basketball goal. (They were climbing on the base and the support poles) While I know that our goal faced a public Cul-de-Sac, it WAS in our yard and my own kids were not even here… AND they didnt even ask to use it, just walked up and started playing like it was in the park.

When she came home, she was covered in dog ticks, some the size of nickels. The person that took her not only removed her collar with her tags on it, they also took off her flea/tick collar. Was that really necessary?? Not like we could track her by her flea collar! According to the woman that managed to catch her, she had been roaming in their neighborhood for at least 6 days, and to her knowledge and the way my baby acted, had not eaten in as long. Thankfully the woman had checked with PAWS, and had seen her pic on their website.

Moral of the story: 1, we moved our basketball goal. 2, if you loose your dog, report it to PAWS & get them a pic. 3, I guess would be “Dont piss off the neighborhood kids”?