You know that phrase moms all over the world have been saying since, probably, the dawn of time: If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all. Well, not my mom*, she says, “If you can’t say anything nice, come sit by me!” and “I’m not one to repeat gossip, so listen closely the first time.”
Well, today we’re going to try the first piece of advice. Let’s say some NICE stuff about La Vergne. I’ll go first:
1. The reason my family moved here in the first place is that it’s close to just about everything- 20 minutes to Murfreesboro, 20 minutes to downtown Nashville.
2. It really is quite pretty down by the lake.
3. This is (even AFTER the tax hike and water rate hike) probably the cheapest place to live in the Nashville metropolitan area. Try finding cheaper housing that’s in a reasonably safe area, that you don’t have to drive a billion miles to get to anything.
4. Our current Mayor is EXTREMELY accessible. Try sending a list of questions like I did to officials in any other city. Good luck getting answers out of them. (I can say the same for Vice Mayor Farmer and Alderman Tom Broeker)
5. A lot of really cool folks live here, like me.
Alright, La Vergne, let’s see what you have to say that is GOOD about this city! Note: though normally I allow comments of all sorts, on this post, I will delete anything negative. You have 50 kajillion other posts here that you can be negative on.
One more thing:
The Board of Mayor & Aldermen WORKSHOP is tomorrow at 5 PM. They are not voting tomorrow. They are, however, taking citizens comments- sign up right before the meeting- 4:45- and get yourself 3 minutes to voice your opinion, good or bad.
*Just kidding. My mom is an extremely nice woman who would never, ever gossip or talk badly about anything. Guess who just got a link to this site, yeah, my mom.