Win $20 From This Is La Vergne!

That’s right, we’re giving away $20 in cash to one lucky local resident, simply for getting your friends to “Like” the This Is La Vergne fan page! Spend it any way you want, use it to help pay your water bill, or buy a couple of gallons of gas. Sound good? Here’s how you can win!

All you have to do is get your friends to “Like” the This Is La Vergne facebook page, then have them go put a comment on our wall saying “(Your name) sent me!” The person who has the most of these posts on our Facebook wall will win $20.

The rules:

1. You have to be local. Sorry, non-local residents, but I’m going to hand someone a $20 bill and they have to be here for me to do it. The good news is, your friends don’t have to be local, just the winner.

2. You have to be a member of Facebook, and have “Liked” TiLV yourself.

3. Sorry, administrators of the Facebook page and writers for this site are not eligible.

4. The contest takes place from right now until midnight, Sunday night.

This contest is sponsored by me! If you’re a local business owner and would like a similar contest, feel free to email me at ivy {at} thisislavergne {dot!} com.

19 comments for “Win $20 From This Is La Vergne!

1. Gunner M.
    May 20, 2011 at 9:41 am

Is Smyrna local?

May 20, 2011 at 9:42 am

Yep! As long as I can drive within, say, 20ish miles to meet ya, you’re local.

2. dawnkamm
    May 20, 2011 at 4:29 pm

i love lavergne the schools are great i live on a little dead end so peaceful n everybody so friendly

3. Ashley
    May 21, 2011 at 11:33 am

I’ll take you to Mexican for lunch if I win!

May 21, 2011 at 11:37 am

Yum, yum, yum!! I hope you do win, lol!!

4. Debbie Heughan
    May 21, 2011 at 2:14 pm

I will give $10 of it to a local person that needs a little help.. 🙂
    Possibly to the family in Smyrna that is trying to raise funeral money for the young mother that died recently.

5. Debbie Heughan
    May 21, 2011 at 2:18 pm

Teresa Redman left us way too soon on May 16th while giving birth to her son. Teresa leaves behind her newborn son and two other children ages 4 and 14 months. Her family is trying to raise money for burial expenses. Anyone that can come by and buy a plate lunch or make a donation will be greatly appreciated. If you can’t come by and would like to make a donation call David Pope @ 335-6712.
    Here it is, I will give them the whole $20 if I win, they need it more than me right now..and they are all local people.

May 21, 2011 at 3:29 pm

You are a really awesome person, Debbie.

• Theresa
      May 21, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Debbie, not that I have a chance against you, but, I agree to donate it to the family also. They are in my thoughts. It is very sweet that you had that idea.

• Kathy T.
      May 22, 2011 at 7:31 pm

I don’t have a lot of money, but my situation is still better than the family that lost their Mom. Debbie, if you start a collection I will pitch in a bit… will give it to Ivy to pass on if she sees you (and I’m assuming she will since you seem to be the runaway winner!).

• Debbie Heughan
        May 22, 2011 at 8:36 pm

I will be getting with David Pope.. he lives in LaVergne & had a luncheon at his Smyrna biz to help raise mmoney for them last week..It was successful, but as you know a dad left with small children & a newborn & funeral expenses, it won’t be an easy road for them.. It breaks my heart..
        I will keep you posted on it.
        Thanks
        Debbie

• May 22, 2011 at 8:59 pm

i hope debbie heughan wins to help the family in need.

6. May 22, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Thank all of you for offering to help this family.

7. May 22, 2011 at 9:04 pm

that poor family that lost a young mother…i will pray debbie heughan wins to help out .

• Debbie Heughan
      May 22, 2011 at 11:48 pm

Thank you Lois, you are as sweet as always 🙂

8. Randell Barnes
    May 22, 2011 at 10:25 pm

I was informed by Debby Heughan of your loss. I am so sorry. I know what is like to lose the people most dear to your heart. Both my Mother & Father passed a few years back. Please remember that Jesus is with you in your time of grief & always.

• Debbie Heughan
      May 22, 2011 at 11:47 pm

Thank you Randell, I will keep you posted. 🙂

9. May 23, 2011 at 6:57 am

I say we start a fundraiser for the family. We should have a chili supper or something like that. School will be out soon and I know children love to volunteer for this type of stuff.