Touristy La Vergne

I’ve been reading a LOT of travel blogs lately. In fact, I’ve been reading them so much that when a friend recently asked me what I was reading (He was referring to actual books), I had to tell him I wasn’t reading any books at all right now, because I’ve been reading only travel blogs. If you knew me, you’d be completely shocked right now.

Too bad this got painted over, I kinda liked that.

So, it got me thinking about something. If someone came here from a different country as a tourist, what would you show them (here comes the difficult part) here in La Vergne?

There are plenty of things in the Nashville area that you could take a tourist to. But La Vergne specifically? I dunno, other than the lake. But surely there’s something other than the lake! C’mon, La Vergne, let’s hear it:

What would you show a tourist here in La Vergne?

11 comments for “Touristy La Vergne

1. Kitti
    May 12, 2011 at 8:02 am

The western side of Greenfield drive. It’s really pretty. The houses are nice, the trees are gorgeous, and a lot of folks have nice gardens and/or landscaping.

2. Kathy T.
    May 12, 2011 at 8:26 am

A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to drive by the one historical house we have in LaV… the Kate Patterson house – home of a Civil War spy. I’d like to see our Historical Committee try to identify more older homes that have some significance in our local history and set up maybe a driving-tour kinda thing. It’s pretty hard to do, though, since most of the city burned completely to the ground during the Civil War. Atlanta? Pshaw.

We do have some interesting grave sites that could be part of the tour. Maybe we should set up a ghost tour for the city. I swear we have civil war soldiers that sometimes come walking through our house.

• May 12, 2011 at 9:01 am

I’ve taken people to the cemetery by house (Mason cemetery) and I think it is really cool. I’d love for those gravestones need to be restored. Some punk kids destroyed the over 100-year-old markers and it’s just so sad. There are children buried there (one, only a day old). As a mom, I put myself in those parents’ positions and think about how different life was in the 1800’s.

I’m a history nerd, though LOL. So, I’d love more historical stuff. I didn’t even know we had a historical committee. Very cool.

• May 12, 2011 at 9:07 am

/\ That was horribly written LOL Sorry, I was on my iphone. I’m not a complete idiot. Most of the time.

• Cee Dee
        May 20, 2011 at 9:34 am

Adrianne — the Mason cemetery is my mother’s family cemetery. The grave stones have been repaired several times & some “punk kids” continue to disrespect the head stones. Some have been so misplaced that no one will ever know where they belong. I was hopeful that when the police “substation” went in there this type of CRIME would stop. So much history is contained in that cemetery — the Mason family has stories of the Civil War within its history. it is truly sad when people have no respect for the deceased.

May 12, 2011 at 9:28 am

Kathy, where’s the Kate Patterson house? I’ve never heard of it.

• Kathy T.
        May 12, 2011 at 2:45 pm

It is on Fergus Drive off Old Nashville Hwy… NOT Fergus Road.

• Sarah N
      May 12, 2011 at 9:31 am

A ghost tour is a great idea!

3. Debbie Heughan
    May 12, 2011 at 9:41 am

I would probably take them to the lake..I wish we had more sit down restaurants here, maybe some with indoor & patio dining.. Something on the lake like they have at Cedar Creek Marina in Mt. Juliet would be so awesome. This type of business has been very successful in Mt. Juliet, Old Hickory & Hendersonville.. They generate a lot of revenue & bring people in from all areas..

4. May 12, 2011 at 10:01 am

I haven’t been yet, but the restaurant at the marina has new owners (again). It just reopened for the season. Is that even in La Vergne proper? lol

But, yeah, outdoor dining would be awesome. If El Rodeo were on the end of that complex, I’d suggest they add a patio.

5. Jennifer
    May 20, 2011 at 8:25 am

For some Southern Cuisine I would have to take them to TeeGee’s. They have the best breakfast and are always so courteous.