Mayor Mosley Interviewed in the DNJ

The Daily News Journal Published a rather lengthy interview with Mayor Mosley yesterday:

I encourage everyone to read it, as it addresses a lot of the concerns raised by readers in regards to the water rate hike. She also talks about a five year plan to help bring in more retail and business development.

17 comments for “Mayor Mosley Interviewed in the DNJ

1. Cee Dee
    May 2, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Great article. And I, too, hate to see rates & taxes go up, but I also recognize the critical needs that were ignored by past administrators that we have to tackle. Kudos to Mayor Mosley to finally take the bull by the horns (as well as other parts) to make our homes safer and or city a better place to live! Wish we had had your in office YEARS ago!!!

2. steve noe
    May 2, 2011 at 5:37 pm

That Mayor of ours is aight

3. May 3, 2011 at 7:13 pm

I just love Mayor Mosley. She does care about our city. What a good interview.

4. Elizabeth
    May 4, 2011 at 9:09 pm

you are still making progress for the city….way to go, girl (oh I mean Mayor Mosley)…hope to see you again soon

5. May 4, 2011 at 9:26 pm

I find it amazing that within six months the new Mayor and her new board members have voted to raise our sewer, water, and our property taxes and at the same time, I hear she, her husband, Farmer and many more city employees are going to Las Vegas on the city dime to promote business for LaVergne. Sure? She never mentioned this crap whem she was running for office. A true politician. Mayor Mosley and other board members watch out. We are watching closely. Three more years will be here before you know it and we will not forget this.

• Cricket123
      May 4, 2011 at 11:41 pm

I would much rather spend my money in La Vergne than having to go Smyrna, or even worse, Antioch. If it takes a trip to Vegas for the city council to learn how to make a mountain from a mole hill, then so be it!

• blah blah
      May 5, 2011 at 7:46 am

Kevin, you obviously didn’t attend or watch last month’s council meeting where that trip was discussed. Only 4 people are going and the mayor and vice mayor are not part of that group. I think they said the city planner, alderman Broeker and 2 members of the economic planning board are going. The total trip is only supposed to cost something like $4,000. That’s money well spent if they can bring in just one retail store. I don’t want to pay higher taxes or water bills either, but if the last administration hadn’t kept putting things off, they would have been raised years ago. We need more police officers and firefighters in a bad way and this is part of the plan. The sewer bill from metro tripled 3 years ago and the city has been paying it without passing on the cost. Now it’s time to pay for those past mistakes.

Next time get more educated on a subject before badmouthing something you obviously don’t know anything about.

• steve noe
        May 6, 2011 at 11:17 pm

LOLMAO “OUCH” I bet that hurt

6. Scooby
    May 15, 2011 at 8:37 pm

Mosley: We have a choice. Either we increase the fees or the state will do it for us. When Nashville increased our sewer rates, the previous administration and city management took no action and basically drained all reserve funds.

June 5, 2007 was when the City of La Vergne approved an agreement with Nashville on the interlocal sewer rates. Ms. Mosley, along with the entire Council, approved this agreement. She was well aware of this new agreement and is no claiming that she knew nothing about this increase?

7. Mayor Senna Mosley
    May 16, 2011 at 11:31 am

Scooby,
    Thank you for your thoughts; however, I never stated that I did not know. We fought the rate increase of $1.47 for about 4 1/2 to 5 years alongside several other municipalities. The suit was settled at $1.17 p/100 cubic feet. Basically, what it boiled down to is pay Metro or we would have nowhere for our sewer disposal to go. Yes, the city paid the difference and no, it was not passed on to the citizens at that time.

• Scooby
      May 17, 2011 at 8:12 am

Mayor Mosley: Your response is correct, but what was the reason why the projected increase was not passed on to the citizens at that time?

If you proposed a resolution updating water and sewer bill amounts, so the City would not have to use reserve funds to offset projected expenses, and this was voted down, then your hands are clean and can blame the previous administration.

If you sought no such action, then you are partially to blame for the draining of reserve funds, as you were 20% (1 of 5 votes) of the previous administration.

8. May 16, 2011 at 7:49 pm

I swear the politicians are so corrupt in this town it makes me sick to my stomach. Lavergne will never change unless we get annexed by davidson county just like Lakewood or taken over by the state. I’m glad I sold my house when I did and moved to Brentwood. There’s a reason Mcfarlin pointe took a Nolensville zipcode. They were too ashamed to call Lavergne home.

May 16, 2011 at 7:59 pm

Then why do you care so much to keep commenting here if you live in Brentwood? Why would it matter other than trying to discredit the city?

• I Call You On Your Dumbassery
      May 16, 2011 at 10:30 pm

First you say up there, “I find it amazing that within six months the new Mayor and her new board members have voted to raise our sewer, water, and our property taxes…”

Then you say, “I’m glad I sold my house when I did and moved to Brentwood.”

Make up your mind. Are you from LaVergne or are you from Brentwood? I would suggest Brentwood is lucky to get you (or more specifically we are lucky to get RID of you), “Kevin”, but I sadly believe that you may well still be part of this city. You are a bitter, little person whose sole focus seems to be on belittling and demeaning the elected officials who are trying to make a positive difference on our behalf.

Why don’t you go hobnobbin’ with your new neighbors and mind your own business if you really do live in Brentwood now?

• EARL F WILSON
      May 17, 2011 at 1:14 pm

McFarlin Pointe did not take a Nolensville zip code, those lines are set by the USPS not by a builder. Just like if you cross into davidson county some parts are la vergne zip.

• Spanky
        May 18, 2011 at 7:09 am

McFarlin Point is in our city limits but use a Nolensville address. The developer knew he would have problems selling $300,000 to $500,000 homes using a LaVergne address. I know this well. I live in McFarlin Point and I refuse to call LaVergne my home.

9. Spanky
    May 18, 2011 at 7:43 am

McFarlin Pointe is in the city limits of LaVergne but uses a Nolensville address and a Nolensville zip code. The developer knew he would have issues selling $300,00 to $500,000 homes with anything associated with LaVergne. You can say what you want to but, these are the facts. LaVergne will continue to be an eye sore as long as developers and sellers tout $500 moves you in and no payments for ninety days.