Super Saturday: My Computer Works Again Edition

My macbook* was acting all crazy on Friday, so I took it to Mac Authority to get it fixed. I got absolutely outstanding service there. So if you own any Apple products, I can heartily recommend Mac Authority. But in case you were wondering why there were no new posts, that’s why, my macbook was sick. 🙂

It looks like there will be no government shutdown, I’m glad about that, my military friends were worried and I was worried for them. It does look like the earthquake in Japan is causing some issues with car manufacturers here. Are there any folks who will be affected by this?

It’s another beautiful day here in Middle Tennessee! My oldest kid is realizing his lifelong dream of getting to drive my dad’s John Deere. Me, I’m sitting inside in the cool air conditioning communing with my computer. What are you doing this weekend?

*Before you rabid mac vs. pc people decide to cue up a massive argument, keep this in mind. I am no mac fanboy. I do not give people crap about owning PCs. I do not own an iPhone or an iPad (though I do want one, hee hee). I’m not here to start an argument about them. If you want to start an argument, know that I’m not going to respond to those comments.

12 comments for “Super Saturday: My Computer Works Again Edition

April 10, 2011 at 12:23 am

Not trying to start an argument, but are you happy with your Mac overall? My daughter wants one for graduation, but I’ve never even touched one. A simple “yes” or “no” will suffice. 🙂

April 10, 2011 at 12:31 am

Hee hee! I absolutely love my macbook. I’ve had it for about 3 years and this is the first time I have ever had to have it in for service. There’s a Mac Authority in Cool Springs, you should go up there and talk to their people about what would best suit her needs.

• Cricket123
      April 10, 2011 at 5:24 pm

I, too, have a Mac and I love, love, love it!!! You should get Kelly a MacBook for graduation. They are virtually virus-proof and very easy to understand. You can always come to my house to check out mine since we’re basically next door neighbors… 🙂

2. April 10, 2011 at 5:29 am

My weekend which is Friday and Saturday has included installing a sound board in my home weather center to control all the radio gear I have here, Taking my Girlfriend out to eat with weekly stop at Barnes and Noble, and taking our Greyhound down to the boat ramp and watching him splash in the water and sniff everything. Great weekend but today back to work 🙁

April 10, 2011 at 9:34 am

That sounds like it was fun! Is your greyhound a retired racer?

3. April 10, 2011 at 9:50 pm

I’ll definitely head to Mac Authority next time mine acts up. I wanted to the last time, but the guy from Apple support insisted I had to go to the Apple store, which I later found out was not true. I felt positively ancient in there, and it was so loud that I couldn’t hear them call my name, so they skipped me! Then I got a bunch of attitude about it from the techie/wannabe male model who finally did help me. I’m not trying to pick a fight here when I say that as a long(long) time Mac user, I feel like Apple has gotten a bit too big for it’s britches.

April 10, 2011 at 9:54 pm

Haha, I had to buy a new power cord for my mac awhile back, and when I went to the Apple store in green hills, they insisted I make an appointment and come back an hour later to buy it. @@ Stupid.

• Cricket123
        April 10, 2011 at 11:21 pm

The Apple store bites big time, but Mac Authority is awesome! They’ve never let me down!!!

4. April 11, 2011 at 8:17 am

Get an iphone, Ivy. Get. An. Iphone.

April 11, 2011 at 11:59 am

My daughter has one and loves it. I hope so for what it cost, but she paid for it herself. The only time you can pry it out of her hand is when she takes a shower!