Open Thread: Nice Weekend Edition

I’m going to hang out with my family this weekend. As a matter of fact, I scheduled this post for sometime on Saturday- it is actually late Friday night and I’m enjoying the silence before this weekend gets nuts- I’ve got a houseful.

So, what do you want to talk about, LaV? I am so sad for the people in Japan. I hope they’re able to get things under control soon. I pray for the families of those who have died.

I saw an awesome thing on Wii News earlier today. The headline was, no kidding, “Woman goes to Va. court with tiny monkey in bra”, making that the best news story I have ever read.

Otherwise, I leave it open to you, dear readers. What’s on your mind?

11 comments for “Open Thread: Nice Weekend Edition

March 12, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Tonight is the switch to daylight savings time . . . yippee!! (Doesn’t take much to make me happy.) Don’t forget to change your clocks, everybody. 🙂

2. Kathy T.
    March 12, 2011 at 4:56 pm

Am going to Celebrate LaVergne History today @3:00. Free food, old coolio photos, interesting people. Stop by Civic Auditorium if you’re out & about… Would love to see surge in attendance. 🙂

3. LV2LV
    March 12, 2011 at 6:34 pm

What’s up with the car-sized pot holes leading into the Recycle center on Sandhill?? Any chance we are gonna get that fixed any time soon???

On a positive note…. love the new look of this website AND the new LaV City website!!

• chris farmer
      March 13, 2011 at 1:33 pm

LV2LV I have checked on the potholes leading into the convience center on Sandhill Rd about a month back. That belongs to the county, so we are unable to fix it. Since this is county property it would be nice to see our county tax dollars go into fixing it. I would say the only way it is going to get fixed is to call our county commissioners Carol Cook at 615-793-7484 or Doug Shafer at 615-459-9337. Or you can go to http://www.rutherfordcountytn.gov/commission.htm for a list of county commissioners.

• LV2LV
        March 13, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Thanks for the response and info on who to contact…I am on it!!

• chris farmer
          March 13, 2011 at 8:48 pm

Your welcome sorry I could not do it or I would have already had it fixed.

• Elizabeth
        March 14, 2011 at 9:23 pm

Chris
        there is some pot holes & ruff road when you turn onto Old Nashville Hwy off Chaney and vice versa….it shakes my SUV…can you get the city to fix it, please???? Thanks in advance.

4. Cricket123
    March 13, 2011 at 7:20 am

My baby girl came home from Ireland safe and sound…and I am just overjoyed!!!

5. Elizabeth
    March 13, 2011 at 10:52 pm

Getting some exercise by playing “bowling” on Mark’s Kinect….it doesn’t seem to hurt my arthritis in knee at all…so this might be my exercise besides a little walking…Love the game…Thanks to my son, Mark for getting me started on this.

March 14, 2011 at 3:18 am

I have got to go play Mark’s Kinect sometime, I wanna play Dance Central!

• Elizabeth
        March 15, 2011 at 7:25 pm

Ivy, get ahold of Mark and work it out with his work schedule to come over…I’m sure he would love that…also, I will come over and watch…such fun to just sit and watch someone else dance….LOL