10 comments for “OPEN THREAD: Social Networking for LaV is Growing

1. Anthony
    March 4, 2011 at 9:09 pm

You actually think Old Navy is considering opening a store in LaVergne? Are you crazy? Where will the location be? Next to the junkyard on murfreesboro road or the discount tobacco's all over the city? What a joke

• yoya
      March 5, 2011 at 8:59 am

Anthony what are your ideas for this city? Have you come to any of the meetings and expressed your thoughts, comments, or concerns. There is a new administration in charge and they have busted their tails talking to the citizens to see what We want for this city. Have you gone to city hall and talked to the mayor or any other elected official? You know they all have an open door policy and would love to hear what you have to say and will try their best to make it happen. I know because I have and I did see results!!!

2. Tom Broeker
    March 4, 2011 at 11:26 pm

When we, as a COMMUNITY, start believing in ourselves as A community, when we really take pride in us, anything will become possible. Why NOT La Vergne? I know I believe, I say lead, follow, or just get of the way.

• Cricket123
      March 4, 2011 at 11:58 pm

You Go, my friend!!! Kick some buttocks!!!

BTW, when is the construction work supposed to be finished on Waldron Road?

• Cricket123
      March 8, 2011 at 6:32 am

Thank you, Tom, for your response on the old site. If I could forward that conversation to here, I would.

I know that y’all (as in the new board) must be sick of the questions surrounding the mess that is Waldron Road, but I do so appreciate your attention and those of us that live on the west side of town thank you for listening to us!

• Kathy T.
        March 8, 2011 at 3:54 pm

Consider it forwarded via a new post. Thanks Cricket!!

3. Tom Broeker
    March 5, 2011 at 12:03 am

Unfortunately, last I heard was November. I will see if I can get an update.

March 5, 2011 at 8:57 am

I don't think we've got a snowball's chance in he** of landing an Old Navy, but you'll never know unless you try. All they can do is say no, so why not ask? 🙂

• Elizabeth
      March 5, 2011 at 1:02 pm

I am all for a Golden Corral since we don't have a family restuarant like that here in La Vergne…when I go out to eat, it is always in Smyrna….why not go to a nice sit-down restarant in La Vergne….just saying

5. Adrianne Foreman