House Fire In LaVergne This Morning

The Kirsch Family of LaVergne had major damage to their home from a early morning fire in Stones River Cove subdivision.

The family has lost many of their household and cherished items.

Please keep Trish Kirsch and son Zach in your thoughts or prayers.


Family’s Home Heavily Damaged by Early Morning Fire

La Vergne fire fighters respond to fire in Stones River Cove subdivision. Severe fire, smoke and water damage to home.

Family’s Home Heavily Damaged by Early Morning Fire

La Vergne firefighters were called to the scene of a house fire at 600 Ronnie Erwin Lane in the Stones River Cove subdivision on Sunday at 12:38 a.m. The fire had burned long enough to destroy the master suite and to cause extensive smoke damage throughout the rest of the home.

Equipment from all three stations responded, according to Assistant Fire Chief Ricky McCormick, “We had two pumper trucks, a service company truck which provides extra equipment on the scene (like lighting, ventilation equipment, and water removal tools), and two command vehicles.  Our firetrucks were there by 12:40 a.m. and the fire was under control at 1:06 a.m.”

La Vergne Fire Marshall Victor Woods said the fire was caused by a malfunctioning hair dryer.

Trish Kirsch and her son Zach, a senior at La Vergne High School, lost many cherished belongings in the blaze, including their cat Squirt.

Long active in the La Vergne community, the Kirsch family has volunteered extensively at the city’s ball park. In addition, Zach is a volunteer with the emergency relief group Box 100, the Rutherford County Volunteer Fire Department, and Almaville Fire & Rescue Department.

People of the community are rallying around the family by holding a donation drive on Sunday at 2:00 p.m. at the LHS baseball field, and again at 6:00 p.m. at WillStan’s Grille

6 comments for “House Fire In LaVergne This Morning

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *