Fire at LaV Church

More news from the City of LaVergne,

Fire damages youth building of Miracle Baptist Church

In just three minutes, the La Vergne Fire Department responded to an emergency call Tuesday morning at Miracle Baptist Church, located on Murfreesboro Road. A fire in the youth building was extinguished before it could spread to the main building of the church.

The church was saved partly because of their own generosity to someone in need. Ronald Kehl had been given permission by the church to use the back parking lot at night to sleep in his van. He awoke early with heartburn, noticed smoke coming from the building, and called 911.

According to La Vergne Fire Marshal Victor Woods, the fire was caused by a malfunction in the building’s HVAC unit. No one was injured in the blaze.

Mayor Senna Mosley and Vice Mayor Chris Farmer were on the scene as part of the city’s emergency response team.

“Our fire fighters have trained hard to immediately react in situations like this,” said Farmer who chairs the city’s Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC). “On all calls, our emergency responders are on the scene fast. Our fire department actually holds a two-point-nine minute response time from the minute they get the call from dispatch to being on the scene. They do a really good job for La Vergne.”

2 comments for “Fire at LaV Church

  1. Cee Dee
    February 8, 2011 at 4:20 pm

    Good job LFD!!

  2. Elizabeth
    February 8, 2011 at 5:24 pm

    great job LFD and God bless the man who was sleeping in his van….

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *