Another Round of Weather

This winter certainly is gonna wind up in my book as the most active winter in the 12 years I’ve lived here. It’s definitley been busy.  Are the schools prepared, is the state prepared, most importantly, are you prepared?

According to the National Weather Service in Nashville, we are in for at least two more rounds of snow this week! Here is a Hazardous Weather Statement from this morning.

…TWO SNOWFALLS ARE EXPECTED IN MIDDLE TENNESSEE THIS WEEK…
…THE MID WEEK SNOW STORM COULD BE A BIG ONE…

A STRONG COLD FRONT WILL SURGE INTO THE MID STATE ON MONDAY…
BRINGING A TURN TO SHARPLY COLDER WEATHER.

AS COLDER AIR POURS INTO NORTHWESTERN MIDDLE TENNESSEE MONDAY
AFTERNOON…SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP AND CONTINUE INTO THE
EVENING. THE SNOW WILL THEN SPREAD EASTWARD ACROSS OTHER PARTS OF
OUR AREA MONDAY NIGHT…BEFORE TAPERING TO FLURRIES ALONG THE
CUMBERLAND PLATEAU TUESDAY. MOST OF THE MID STATE IS EXPECTED TO
RECEIVE BETWEEN ONE HALF AND ONE INCH OF SNOW BY SUNRISE
TUESDAY…WITH LOW TEMPERATURES TUESDAY MORNING FORECAST TO BE IN
THE MIDDLE 20S. SOME ROADS MAY BECOME SLICK AND HAZARDOUS.

A COLD CANADIAN AIR MASS WILL SETTLE IN ACROSS THE REGION TUESDAY
AND WEDNESDAY…AS A LOW PRESSURE AREA DEVELOPS OVER TEXAS…AND
HEADS INTO THE LOWER MISSISSIPPI VALLEY ON WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON.
SNOW IS FORECAST TO DEVELOP OVER THE MID STATE BY SUNSET
WEDNESDAY…AND INCREASE IN INTENSITY WEDNESDAY NIGHT. THE WAY
THINGS LOOK NOW…THE MID STATE HAS THE POSSIBILITY OF RECEIVING
SEVERAL INCHES OF SNOW BY SUNRISE THURSDAY. THE SNOW IS FORECAST
TO DIMINISH FROM THE WEST ON THURSDAY…BUT ADDITIONAL LIGHT AMOUNTS
ARE STILL POSSIBLE. HAZARDOUS DRIVING CONDITIONS WILL LIKELY OCCUR
WEDNESDAY NIGHT INTO THURSDAY.

ANYONE PLANNING TRAVEL IN THE MID STATE THIS WEEK SHOULD STAY
TUNED TO A RELIABLE SOURCE OF WEATHER INFORMATION…AND LISTEN FOR
ANY FORECAST UPDATES…OR WINTER WEATHER STATEMENTS…THAT MIGHT
BE ISSUED.

How’s that for ole Jack Frost huh? He aint finished with us yet.  At least Rutherford County planned ahead and implemented 11 inclement weather days in there calendar.  So far They’ve missed 6 days this year and have 5 more remaining.

Better get out and enjoy todays weather. I hear the high today is gonna be about 50 degrees!

9 comments for “Another Round of Weather

1. steve noe
    February 6, 2011 at 11:17 am

I drive a 18 wheeler and went to Chicago on Thuirsday and trust me when I say that all the snow that we have had is nothing more than flurries with what I seen and dealt with LOL

February 6, 2011 at 11:42 am

I'm about over all this crummy weather. Am thinking about moving to some tropical island where I can drink pina coladas and ogle the cute cabana boys all day. Anybody care to join me?! 🙂

• Cricket123
      February 6, 2011 at 1:39 pm

When do we leave???

3. Elizabeth
    February 6, 2011 at 3:13 pm

I'm sick and tired of the cold, wet, miserable weather (except today it is nice outside)….bring on the spring flowers, smell of fresh cut grass and baseball season at Todd Ln….

4. what happened
    February 6, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Hey mod.
    I posted a comment that never showed. Are you mods such nut-huggers that comments or questions that might criticize certain board members will not be posted? This board will be doomed as a result, at least Kathy didnt do this…….

February 6, 2011 at 6:44 pm

If it's the comment on the "Petey Wants a Lemon Cookie" post, it appears that it just showed. Whenever you post with a different name, even if you have the same IP address ad email address that you have commented on before, it holds the comment for moderation. Since that wasn't on a post I had personally posted, it didn't send me an email saying the comment had been held for moderation, so it got held up. Rest assured, I am a big fan of debate and will not hold comments unless they are personal attacks, illegal, spam or could cause the site some legal problems (such as libelous remarks- but remember truth is an absolute defense against libel, haha.)

Criticizing is fine as long as it's not a personal attack or libelous. The difference? "I think what Bob Smith did was stupid."- critical but not a personal attack. "Bob Smith is a stupid prick."- personal attack. Sometimes the difference is a very thin line, but I generally lean toward less censorship rather than more. I hope this explains things and I'm sorry it took so long for that comment to get posted.

February 6, 2011 at 6:45 pm

btw, "such nut-huggers" does toe that line. 😛 (jk, kind of.)

5. February 7, 2011 at 7:33 am

Models now are pushing this system farther south so that will lessen our snowfall amounts on Wednesday. Today we may get an inch but road temps are warm so we won't see much more than wet roads.