10 Things I Love About LaVergne

1. I love that several times every year, the fireworks store on Murfreesboro Road lets it rip… fireworks up to Independence Day, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve!
  2. I love how the guys at Mixed Grill Gyros will make you a cup of hot tea – their own special blend not on the menu – if they like you.
  3. I love that the street lights sometimes pop on or off as you drive underneath them, making you feel magnetic or magical or … worried (?!) !!
  4. I love that from almost anywhere in LaVergne, you can get to downtown Nashville in just 30 minutes, depending on traffic of course.
  5. I love that there are two boat ramps here, along with at least one walking trail lakeside.
  6. I love that there are so many talented musicians in this town, evidenced by the phenomenal performance of The National Anthem during the November swearing-in ceremony.
  7. I love how sometimes when I drive home at night, I see deer.
  8. I love that when the USAF Thunderbirds come to our area to perform, we can often see them from our own front- or back- yards.
  9. I love that roundabout.  I really do.
  10. I love that you can walk through Kroger and say hello to at least one or two people you know.

What do you love about LaVergne?

Merry Christmas!!

16 comments for “10 Things I Love About LaVergne

1. December 24, 2010 at 7:51 am

I love that in the 2 short years here I have made (and continue to make) a lot of friends and feel like I have been accepted into the community. Through my volunteering I feel like it's a two way street. I truly love serving my community that way!

Merry Christmas to all!

2. December 24, 2010 at 7:53 am

..and I forgot to add be ready for a Thunderbirds party the weekend before the show! Details to follow!

3. tiger
    December 24, 2010 at 10:21 am

Tilv is the best thing about living in Lavergne! Thanks for all you do, Kathy! Merry Christmas, everyone!

4. December 24, 2010 at 10:39 am

Cool idea to have a blog about your hometown, love the snowy background! I am just starting a blog about the few old Mom and Pop places left in Tennessee. Know any good ones in LaVeregne I can drop in on? Check me out at:

Retro Tennessee

5. December 24, 2010 at 10:47 am

Awwww Tiger… Thanks. Richard?! Party?! Yay! Matt- lots of places… Bev & Kym's, Tee Gees, even Dominos franchise is locally owned!

6. Adrianne Foreman
    December 24, 2010 at 10:47 am

Old Timers Day. As cheesy as it sounds, I look forward to it every year.

Veteran's Memorial Park.

When the kids and I are bored we can always go feed the ducks at Hurricane Creek.

7. Elizabeth
    December 24, 2010 at 7:26 pm

I like La Vergne because:
    1, the people in my neighborhood since I moved her 6 years ago
    2. the people I have met while working at the City Hall for over 4 years
    3. the people I have met here on TiLV….
    Now I look forward to what new friends I will meet in 2011….La Vergne is growing in the right direction now and that makes me happy….very proud to live here….just saying

8. Cricket123
    December 24, 2010 at 7:54 pm

I love living in La Vergne because:

(1) my neighbors on Cedar Ridge Drive are some of the best people I have ever had the privilege of meeting,
    (2) and I've met fabulous people through this site…

9. Justin
    December 24, 2010 at 9:27 pm

I love living in La Vergne because of the people. They are like no other People in this entire country. They see a need and fill it without asking who, where or why. They volunteer without reservations. They expect nothing in return, not even a hand shake or a thank you. Then they come back the next day or night ready to start over. What wonderful people, the best part of the entire deal is that I am honored to call these people my friends and family.

The top 10 things that I am thankful for.
    1. I am thankful for our new Mayor.
    2. I am thankful that our old Mayor is gone.
    3. I am thankful that the good old boys are leaving fast.
    4. I am thankful that the people of La Vergne want to see the city cleaned up as much as I do.
    5. I am thankful that the City hall and our roads are getting cleaned up. (snow and ice and signs)
    6. I am thankful that the city workers are getting to do their jobs without being told who to leave alone.
    7. I am thankful to see the people opening their eyes to the 2 board members for who and what they are.
    8. I am thankful to see all these people looking for city pride
    9. I am thankful for new beginnings, thank you Mayor Mosley, Vice Mayor Farmer and Alderman Broeker.
    10. I am thankful that I am not a new Mayor, Vice Mayor or Alderman.

Merry Christmas La Vergne

10. Justin
    December 24, 2010 at 9:34 pm

I am thankful for KathyT for keeping it on.
    I am also thankful for Steve Noe for keeping it real.

11. yoya
    December 24, 2010 at 11:14 pm

I love the wonderful people of LaVergne and the close knit family feel. I look forward to 2011 and the new and magical things it will bring to our great city and its great residents. I love that LaVergne is HOME!

12. steve noe
    December 26, 2010 at 5:09 pm

I like Lavergne cause I dont have to drive very far to work, ball parks, ball gyms,schools for ball,store,eat, movies,hosp,meds, auto parts,car washes, and an ADULT BEVERAGE:-) oh yea, and a can of DIP………………….

December 27, 2010 at 4:58 pm

"4.I love that from almost anywhere in LaVergne, you can get to downtown Nashville in just 30 minutes, depending on traffic of course."

30 minutes? I left my house last Thursday and clocked myself – 22.13 minutes from my driveway to my office in MetroCenter. You people are driving to slow!

Of course in normal rush hour, that's about a 45 minute trip!

14. December 28, 2010 at 12:39 pm

*Rich innocently whistles* " We won't talk about driving times and uh well… speed" 🙂

15. jenn
    January 12, 2011 at 11:39 am

Where is the walking trail?

• deborahb
      January 12, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Hurricane Creek Boat Ramp, off Stones River Road. I didn't know of the trails before doing the community clean up at the Lake this past fall.