Hats Off to LaVergne Veterans

When we say “Hats off” to our LaVergne veterans, we don’t mean the casual tip of the hat.  We mean removing our hat and placing it over our hearts to absolutely honor those men and women of our city who have served in the military.

I want to thank the LaVergne veterans I know who were willing to risk everything for our nation:

John Bamfield
Robin Grubb
Robert Carroll
Charles Robbins
Kevin Stolinsky- LPD
Mike Campbell- LPD
Bill Timson- LPD
Michael Morgan- THP
James Nichols- National Guard

Let’s add to this short list because I know there are dozens – hundreds even – who have served in some capacity in the military.  As long as I can, I’ll write the names in this post that you add in the comments.

Again to the brave men and women who served,

7 comments for “Hats Off to LaVergne Veterans

1. Elizabeth
    November 11, 2010 at 10:33 am

Can you add my uncle in Evansville, Indiana. He was one of the first to land on Normandy and is now 87 yrs old. His name is Charles Robbins.

Thanks

• Allen
      November 11, 2010 at 3:55 pm

Kevin stolinsky- LPD
      Mike campbell- LPD
      Bill timson- LPD
      Michael morgan- THP
      James Nichols- National Guard

2. Kitti
    November 12, 2010 at 8:34 am

Thanks to all the veterans who served! I have a number of relatives in that list, but none of them have ever lived in LaVergne. So I will just say "thank you"!

3. Elizabeth
    November 12, 2010 at 6:53 pm

I went to the Thanksgiving luncheon at La Vergne yesterday and noticed while standing in line, the city had provided certificates in a real nice folder for all the veterans that works for the city. I expected them to present the certificates to each one that was there but they didn't… As people left, they picked up their folder. But that was a really nice touch probably done by the HR dept….

• blah blah
      November 12, 2010 at 8:11 pm

I didn't know you still worked for the city.

• mark
        November 14, 2010 at 3:30 am

so highschool, it shouldnt matter if she still worked there or not.

4. Elizabeth
    November 13, 2010 at 7:24 pm

Blah Blah,
    I retired from the water dept on July 30….but I have been invited a couple of times fo come back for luncheons, of which I accepted the Thanksgiving one.