Make Today Count – VOTE

This is November 2, 2010. For over four years now, this site has been bringing you news and information for and about LaVergne.  We’ve had good times, we’ve had hard times, and – perhaps most importantly – we’ve heard from readers through comments and discussions.  People love LaVergne. People are angry with LaVergne.  People in LaVergne are happy.  People in LaVergne are concerned.  Residents want change.  Residents do not want change.  Some want beautification. Some think changing our tax rate could cause undue financial stress on residents and business owners.  We want more retail.  We want less auto parts stores.  We want fair billing over city services.  City services are just fine.

The point is this…

Today is perhaps one of the most important days in the history of this town in deciding what our future holds. Are we complacent and like things just how they are?  You’ll have the opportunity to say yes or no.  Are you ready for change?  Do you want to see the city take a bold step into the future?  Again, you’ll have the opportunity to say yes or no.

Your vote counts today.  Your vote can mean business as usual or brave new world for our city.  The choice is yours.

Want to know where to vote?

1-1 LAVERGNE CITY HALL 5093 MURF RD LAVERGNE
1-2 ROY WALDRON SCHOOL 125 FLOYD MAYFIELD DR LAVERGNE
5-1 FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH OF LAVERGNE 375 OLD NASHVILLE HWY LAVERGNE
10-3 ROCK SPRINGS ELEMENTARY 1000 WALDRON RD LAVERGNE
10-1 CEDAR GROVE ELEMENTARY 354 CHANEY RD SMYRNA

I don’t know where your district is, exactly.  If you are also unclear, you may call the Rutherford County Election Commission at 898-7743 and give them your address to learn where to go.  I already voted, but will be at one of the polls campaigning for my favorite candidates.  The polls open at 7:00 a.m. and close tonight at 7:00 p.m.

Do your part for LaVergne.

9 comments for “Make Today Count – VOTE

1. November 2, 2010 at 5:50 am

FYI- if you don't know which one is your district, you can look it up at: https://tnmap.state.tn.us/voterlookup/intermediat

• November 2, 2010 at 5:56 am

Thanks Angie. I tried it but it didn't show mine… hopefully others will have better luck! 🙂

2. Leanne
    November 2, 2010 at 6:43 am
    November 2, 2010 at 9:23 am

Angie, your link doesn't seem to work, but Leanne's does.

4. Elizabeth
    November 2, 2010 at 3:30 pm

This is my first experiernce visiting the voting sites…have met and talked to some really great people and saw some (particularly 1) that wasn't "so great to meet:". Didn't help any this time for my candidates but just observed.(gave morale support though)…..what a great experience….GO SENNA, CHRIS AND KANDY….

November 2, 2010 at 8:52 pm

I voted at Cedar Grove. At 7:45, the kid working machine told me I was the first voter he had from La Vergne…

…At 1:45 PM, the same kid told my wife she was the second voter from La Vergne!

With that said, I'm not a big "GET OUT AND VOTE" guy. If you don't care enough to follow the issues, please don't vote. I don't want you voting for the candidate whose name sounds the best, or the person who had the nicest looking sign, or something silly like that!

6. mark
    November 2, 2010 at 9:50 pm

wtg senna….Senna is the new mayor and we all are so HAPPY!!

7. Cricket123
    November 2, 2010 at 10:22 pm

Whoo hoo!!!!! You go, girl!!!

November 2, 2010 at 10:34 pm

Congrats Senna, Farmer, and Green! Now, who will be the next Alderman? Broeker came in 3rd, should it be him?