Seeking Questions for Candidates

Several years ago we posted and emailed questions to our local candidates running for election in LaVergne.  This year we will again reach out to our potential aldermen and mayor to see how they answer questions… to give them a forum where they can specifically address direct concerns of residents, the people who live here, have families, pay taxes.

One friend said she always wants to know:  “Why should I vote for you?”

That’s a great start!  What questions do you have, citizens of LaVergne?  Want to know about the budget?  Hiring practices?  Crime?  How to build retail?  Road improvements?   Let ’em rip (your questions, I mean) and I’ll compile and send to the candidates.

7 comments for “Seeking Questions for Candidates

1. EARL F WILSON
    August 21, 2010 at 6:19 pm

i just wanted to stop by thisislavergne for a quick moment and thank those who signed my petition.

I have started a Facebook page, Elect Earl Wilson for La Vergne Alderman. I hope to post an idea each day and to show the citizens of La Vergne who I am from there.

I will be starting my effort to meet each citizen this Sunday. I look forward to hearing from you and hope that anyone who wishes to contact me can do so at an email address of EARLFWILSON@YAHOO.COM or call me at 967 5963.

I hope to earn the right to call you a voter for me over the next several weeks and that we hear NO MORE EXCUSES ,,,,,,THE BEST LA VERGNE NOW!!!!!

2. Thomas
    August 27, 2010 at 8:26 am

I live on Holland Ridge Drive in the Lake Forest subdivision. Every morning when I leave for work and every afternoon when I return home I drive past the vacant lots near Sand Hill Road. The grass is so high that you can hardly see the sidewalk on one side. The other side is piled with building and road paving material scraps. It is common to see a big screen television or mattress laying on the side of the road. I moved in at the end of 2005 and this part of the road has been in standby construction mode since that time. I want to know if the city has the power to fix this. If so, then why has it been ignored? If not, what do the candidates suggest be done to fix the problem? I know that this is not isolated to just my street. I've seen things like this in other parts of town. Franklin and Brentwood would never tolerate something like this so why should La Vergne?

• EARL F WILSON
      September 1, 2010 at 4:25 pm

Call Mike Jenkins at Municipal codes. The grass behind the sidewalk is the property owners responsibility but I believe the grass between the sidewalk and road falls on Public Works. For that call Guy Patterson at Public Works.

I believe we should adopt a tougher code for the betterment of the city.

As to why the road is half complete, all of the area within the rectangle formed by Dreville and Ace Wintermeyer and Sand Hill and Nir Shreibman is zoned and approved for MORE CONDOS!!!!! The developer is just waiting to build them unitl the market rebounds.

3. EARLFWILSON
    August 27, 2010 at 9:23 am

We must upgrade and stiffen out private property codes and also allow the codes department to actually enforce codes even on prominent citizens.

4. Kitti
    September 1, 2010 at 3:39 pm

My biggest question is: when will sidewalks be built on Chaney Road?

I see children walking to school in the tall grass every morning. They've got to be at risk for getting chiggers and their footpath often runs near the road.

Rumor was that sidewalks were budgeted. I hope to hear of them being built ASAP.

September 1, 2010 at 3:57 pm

I agree Kitti as I've asked the same question and am always told the sidewalks are in the works!

6. EARL F WILSON
    September 1, 2010 at 4:17 pm

The sidewalks are supposedly in the works now according to Angie Mayes