Need to Cash in A Favor…

Remember when we were talking about giving up this platform about two or three months ago to merge with a certain other site, everyone said, “Oh no. We *love* this site.” etc. etc. etc.   Both because of your comments and some behind the scenes stuff, it was decided to keep This is LaVergne alive and kicking.  For free.  Still.  I am here to serve this good cause blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda …

So free free free… So now I need to cash in the favor and am asking YOU to help me.  I need to find someone who has the ability to record a couple of speeches (one is about 2 minutes, the other I’m not sure…) from the baton queens who live here in LaVergne.  They will be doing their farewell walk at the end of this month and during the walk, a recording they make of their year as queen will be played.  I don’t have the ability to record it (all at one level), dub music in the background, and then burn it to a CD.  I need it a week from today.

I need the work done pro bono if possible, but can pay a minimal amount… previous queens paid about $10 p/speech (I really mean it when I say minimal!).

Can anyone help me?  With all the singers, songwriters, roadies, and other industry insiders in this area, I’m really hoping someone can lend a hand.  Please email me at kathy (at) bobparks (dot) com or call 491-2161.   Please?

10 comments for “Need to Cash in A Favor…

1. chris farmer
    June 17, 2010 at 10:44 pm

Kathy I can't personally do what your asking but if you need some donations to pay for it count me in I will donate to help pay for it.

2. Alderman Senna Mosle
    June 18, 2010 at 8:47 am

I can't even take a good picture, but I will certainly give some money for these lovely ladies!! COME ON GANG lets help our friend. Wait, my Ronnie just gave some too!!!! What a guy!!!!

3. June 18, 2010 at 8:55 am

No thank you friends. I won't accept monetary donations, but do appreciate your offer. Just seeing if anyone knows someone who has the ability and equipment to record. If no, we'll just read it live! Chris & Senna … save your dollars for the upcoming campaigns! 🙂

4. MIKE SLINKER
    June 18, 2010 at 3:41 pm

Kathy,
    I have a gentleman who has a recording studio who may be able to help you. He's a local guy in La Vergne. I need to check at the home office for his number. Once I find it, I'll let you know.

5. June 18, 2010 at 8:16 pm

I contacted one person who has a studio in LaVergne but I don't think our pro bono needs met his mortgage payment needs.

I think we're just going to plug a microphone into a computer and let Melissa make her speech like that. We'll play her song in the background while she's talking. Sigh.

ALL of you save your money for your campaigns. I heard one more person picked up their paperwork for mayor today. :o)

6. MIKE SLINKER
    June 18, 2010 at 8:35 pm

I was able to get the number to the gentleman who may can help, if you decide to go that route.

Mr. Charlie Smart @ 351-1794

Hope this helps,
    Mike

7. June 19, 2010 at 9:07 am

One guy I talked with said he wouldn't even open the doors for less than $500. But Mr. Smart has agreed to do it pro bono. Thanks, Mike.

8. MIKE SLINKER
    June 19, 2010 at 9:33 am

You are very welcome Kathy. If you need anything else, just let me know. You'll also be very pleased with the quality of work that Mr. Smart completes. I'm glad to hear that he was able to do it pro bono!

Hope to see you at the La Vergne Luau today. I think it's from 3pm – 7pm!

9. June 19, 2010 at 9:42 am

Can someone please tell me what the LaVergne Luau is? How did I miss this info? I see the signs everywhere, but who's sponsoring? Where?

Unfortunately, I have other plans today so will not be in attendance but if it's for a good cause, I hope everyone else will go!

10. Katherine (Kandy) Pi
    June 19, 2010 at 11:37 am

The LaVergne Luau is at Grace Worship & Community Church on the corner of Old Nashville and Stones River. It is from 3-7pm today. Admission, food, fun, and festivities are all free for the entire family. They suggest you wear your favorite Hawaiian shirt, bring a lawn chair and come enjoy a day in Paradise Rain or Shine.
    I am not a member or anything I am just highlighting from the flyer that was left on my door the other day. It looks like it would be a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon getting to know our neighbors.