Whazzzzup LaV? Open Thread….

Today is a big day for LaVergne… it’s May 21st and the first day candidates can pick up their paperwork from the Rutherford County Election Commission to run for office.  Seats to be elected in November: Mayor, Alderman (Vice Mayor Gann’s position), and Alderman (Sherry Green’s position).   I’ve heard of about three, maybe four, people who may or may not be running for mayor (how vague is that?).  I’ve heard at least two names of people who will run for an Alderman position.

Speaking of Alderman… my question… why is it the “Board of Aldermen”?  Why not “City Council”? And why do women have to be called Alderman and not Alderwoman?

Exciting day!

17 comments for “Whazzzzup LaV? Open Thread….

1. Alderman Senna Mosle
    May 21, 2010 at 12:46 pm

It is official!!! I just picked my papers up for the Mayor's postion.

May 25, 2010 at 6:33 am

Awesome, Senna!

2. Theresa
    May 21, 2010 at 12:54 pm

Wow Senna, that is awesome. Let me know if there is anyway I can help!

Theresa

• Alderman Senna Mosle
      May 22, 2010 at 7:35 am

Thank you!!! I would love to have you help!!!! Please email me sennamosley(at)tds(dot) net

3. Robotoid
    May 21, 2010 at 2:17 pm

An Alderman position should pay some sort of allowance for travel,work time,etc.Am I correct that the Alderman position is sort of a voluntary job with no pay?

• Alderman Senna Mosle
      May 21, 2010 at 8:38 pm

An Alderman receives 3600 a year plus full health benefits, If the council attends state or national conferences the city pays, but if the spouse attends with you it is your responsibility to pay their way. If you have any more questions let me know.

• Ronnie Mosley
        May 22, 2010 at 8:38 pm

Just covers cell bill.

4. chris farmer
    May 21, 2010 at 5:55 pm

Its official for me now!! Got my papers and all my signatures! Turn them back in Monday! Alderman position.

5. mark
    May 21, 2010 at 6:36 pm

I have created a facebook for Senna for mayor 2010 so go join it nd watch for all kinds of details from your next Mayor Senna Molsey.

May 22, 2010 at 8:31 am

Mark, either I'm a facebook idiot this morning, or the site is being weird. When I click on your link, it just takes me to the groups I'm already a member of, and a search doesn't bring up anything. What the heck am I doing wrong?

6. May 22, 2010 at 12:01 pm

Yeah.. it looks like you'll have to do a search unless you copy and paste the URL.

7. chris farmer
    May 23, 2010 at 6:57 pm

Well has anyone else heard any more confirmations on who will be running in the elections? Or are the other candidates just going to wait till the last minute?

8. Kathy T.
    May 24, 2010 at 12:14 pm

I haven't heard anything, but I'm kinda out of the loop! Will be an interesting election!

9. chris farmer
    May 24, 2010 at 1:54 pm

My wife dropped my papers off today and finished the checking account so I am OFFICIALLY offical now. Just keep wondering who I am running against. At this point it is just me, but we all know that will change.

May 24, 2010 at 3:48 pm

Chris, what part of town do you live in? (I'm not looking for an exact address to egg your house or anything.) Just curious, because nobody around us EVER runs for public office and they would have a good amount of support if they did.

10. chris farmer
    May 24, 2010 at 9:42 pm

Sherry I live on Heritage Circle off of Fergus road. I appreciate any support I can get. This is all new for me! Feel free to email or call me I would love to come by and meet you and your neighbors. I want to hear peoples concerns so I can voice the concerns of the people I would be representing. If I happen to not answer the phone I will call you back.

Chris-farmer@comcast.net